a good sex life helps you stay happy, healthy,
I know no one talks about sex a lot because most people find it a
little embarrassing, but I came across an article that talked about
the health benefits of sex and it’s pretty interesting.
It turns out, having a good sex life helps you stay happy, healthy,
and fit…and it has numerous health benefits that even I didn’t know
For example, did you know that sex can actually cause you to get
fewer colds? It’s true! Research has shown that couples who have
sex weekly have a 30% increase in immunoglobulin A, which is an
antibody that fights infections.
Sex also has the positive health benefits in either improving or reducing the following:
* It helps women have a more predictable period cycle.
* It help reduces stress levels – for physiological as well as
emotional reasons. Sex activates a nerve that has a calming
* It reduces blood pressure, which reduces the risk of heart
* It can reduce LDL (“bad”) cholesterol and increase HDL (“good”)
* It helps you tone your abs, gluts, and pretty much any muscle in
* It increases estrogen levels, which improves the look of your
hair, skin, and nails
* You get increased feelings of motivation from the release of
* Improved memory because of increased blood flow to the brain
* Boosts intimacy and self esteem from the increased levels of
oxytocin (the love hormone)
So there you have it – a bunch of reasons why sex is beneficial to
your overall health.
Have a great day and I’ll talk to you soon!
Dr. Justin Trosclair dc