This fruit juice has amazing cardiovascular health benefits…
What juice gives you cardiovascular and blood pressure and cholesterol benefits?
Pomegranate is the answer, spit the fruit don’t swallow it all.
Have you ever eaten a pomegranate? They are the fruit with the little red seeds in them.
Well, it turns out that pomegranate juice has some pretty powerful health benefits. Some research was done a few years a go and I want to share with you some of the findings because they are pretty interesting.
Check out the benefits discovered in the research study:
* After one year of pomegranate juice consumption (3 ounces per day), systolic blood pressure decreased by 21%.
* After one year of consumption, the antioxidant health status increased by 130%.
* Oxidative stress is a major contributor to cardiovascular disease. Consumption of pomegranate juice lowered the oxidative stress levels in the blood.
* A significant decrease in the LDL cholesterol levels after 6 months of consumption.
* Was shown to decrease atherosclerosis in the carotid arteries.
So let’s recap the benefits really quick. By consuming only 3 ounces of pomegranate juice daily, over time there is a good chance you would obtain the following health benefits:
* Lower blood pressure
* Increased antioxidant health status
* Decreases carotid artery atherosclerosis
* Lower oxidative stress levels
* Lower LDL levels
Those are some good benefits, so I’d recommend you consider adding this juice to your diet. You can buy pomegranate juice in your local grocery store. I think the main brand is “POM.”
Have a great day!
Dr. Justin Trosclair Chiropractor
Serving Arnaudville, Breaux Bridge, Cecilia, Lafayette, Parks, St. Martinville and Youngsville
Source: Clinical Nutrition, June 2004, 23, 423-433
BREAKING NEWS: I’ve started a podcast. The following is the description. If you are interested go ahead and click that link and check out the website and listen to an episode. If you would like to be notified of the latest episodes, as well as be the first to know when Justin’s 2 book go on sale then take 15 seconds, and fill out the form when it pops open.
For doctors who want a thriving practice and abundant home life, listen as your host dr justin trosclair goes behind the curtain and interviews doctors and guests about real world triumphs, struggles, practical tips, and entertainment on this episode of A Doctor’s Perspective Podcast